Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Finding a Piece of my Past...




Today I was at my mom house and she found a paper I wrote in November of 2003 for my psychology class at SLCC. First of all I loved this class I learned more and remember more in Mr. Christiansons class then any other class I have taken. Now Ten would tease me about this class because when I was taking it I would talk about all the time , So I am apoligizing now Ten that I have brought it up again.

Ok so about this paper, it was on the Positive Psycology Strategies there are like 50 or so of them but I had to pick 7 that I wanted to apply to my life. As I was reading this paper it made me remember where I was in life I had just moved away from home for the first time and was trying to change who I was. I deciced to get new friends because the ones I was hanging out with alot at the time were not the kind of people I wanted to become. So me reading it now 2 or so years later I have applied them somewhat to my life but I really could use them again the ones I chose were

1. Self- Control ~ This has always been a very hard area in my life for me. I have a really hard time motivating myself to do things that are everyday things of life that you have to do but don't nessesarly want to do.

2.Hope ~ I use to have no hope at all for years I lost all of it when I started High School but when I started college and met Jason I found Hope again. I have very little hope of what I have but it is alot better then none but I am learning to embrace the future and not be scared of it, but sometimes its just really hard not to be scared

3.Zest ~ I have gotten some of my Zest back but I still have a really hard time trying new things that I know I would love to do. I also sometimes have a hard time getting excited about the things I love to do and the new things I know I will encounter

4.Bravery ~ This is something I know I will always have to work hard for. Its something I ache for everyday. I am very afriad to stand up for myself sometimes and I am really afraid of people I have to talk to about money. Money scares me to death.

5. Forgiveness ~ This is the one I know I have done the best on. Some people would say its not but they are not inside me so they dont know. I know I still struggle at times and with certain people but I am working on it because I know that when I forgive my life is happier.

6.Prudence ~ This is another thing I am trying to apply more now to my life. You are always a better person when you think before you act and I have always struggled with this. I need to stop making decisions I know I will regret in the long run

7. Spirituality ~ This is where I truely change in the last 2 years or so. I have found my testimony again and my love for heavenly father and the Savior. I am truely greatful and have never feel so close to the lord in my life then I have in the past year. It is something I never want to lose again and something I will always fight to keep.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

It is so nice to be reminded from our former self who we wanted to be now. I am proud of you for taking stock and making yourself grow. You can do it, I know because I love ya and I know you are amazing

1:06 PM  
Blogger CTuna's Cavern said...

Remember alot of people love you and many depend on you. Good Thoughts.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home