Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma!

Happy 80th Birthday
Grandma English!
This picture is of my grandma when she was 18. She is one of the most beautiful woman I know. There is a picture (not this one) that hung above my parents bed growing up and now I am pretty sure it is still in my fathers bedroom. But everytime I looked at the picture. I felt safe and dreamed that I could do my hair the same way. I never met my grandma but I love her just as much as my other grandmas. Every story my father told me about her was amazing. If I am half as wonderful as her I will be a lucky woman. I remember when I was little I would go and look at my grandparents wedding picture and I would talk to them and ask them questions. I also remember laying on my parents bed and looking at there pictures for hours and wishing I could hug them. I love her hand writing. I got to see some letters or cards she wrote to my dad. I wish I could watch her write. I feel so lucky that I am her granddaughter and proud that I share some of her geans. Someday we will meet agian and it will be a great reunion. I love knowing that she is watching over me.
I love you Grandma!

2 Comments:

Blogger WonderKitty said...

Happy Birthday Grandma English! I am proud to share her name!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Amy, what a wonderful tribute. It is interesting how close we are to her even though she died when dad was so young. I am so grateful she is a part of me also. I love her

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home